Admissions Criteria 2022/23
The following criteria are applied to each application in order to allocate places.
Hertfordshire Education Authority – admissions criteria:
- Children in Public Care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
- Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
- Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application (Reception through to Year 5). In Year admissions: the sibling may be in the school’s final year as long as they will still be in attendance at the time of admission.
- Children of staff: Children of staff directly employed by the school (from 2017).
- Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire’s admission rules.
- Distance: Children who live nearest to the school.
Hertfordshire County Council’s Education Department deals with applications for Reception admissions in Northgate Primary School. Providing that you live within Hertfordshire and have registered with a Hertfordshire GP, you should automatically receive information about the admission process. Please apply on-line at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk. The school office can help with this if necessary.
- 5 x Morning sessions - 08:35 to 11:35 (15 hours per week)
- 5 x Afternoon sessions - 12:20 to 15:20 (15 hours per week)
- 2 1/2 days:
- Monday/Tuesday 08:35 to 15:20 and Wednesday morning 08:35 to 11:35 (161/2 hours), or
- Thursday/Friday 08:35 to 15:20 and Wednesday afternoon 12:20 to 15:20 (161/2 hours)
The school has opted into Hertfordshire County Council’s In-year coordination service. Parents/carers can make an online In-Year application via the Hertfordshire County Council’s website www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or contact the Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 4043 for a paper application form. Parents/carers should return the application form direct to the County Council.
The County Council will write to you with the outcome of your application and if you have been unsuccessful will include registration details to enable you to log in and appeal online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/schoolappeals.
During the autumn term of year 6, parents and their children are able to visit local secondary schools and then make an application for a place at the school of their preference. Every parent must complete the application online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk and for most schools a SIF (Secondary Transfer Form) must be completed and returned to the school you are applying to. The SIF forms are available via the secondary school's website.
Full details about the procedure are published by Hertfordshire County Council and the deadline for applications is 31st October.