Following school closures caused by COVID-19, our school catch up priorities are:
- To support children in closing the attainment gap in phonics and their reading
- To support children in closing the attainment gap created in writing and maths
- To support the emotional well-being and mental health of pupils
- To work with parents to support their children
- To support with effective remote learning
We have also used the government recommended, 'COVID-19 Support Guide for Schools' published by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) to identify the best strategies, based on long term research, that will enable us to achieve the most positive outcomes. We will use timely assessments of both children’s academic and personal development needs to inform our decisions.