- Research findings to support us in determining the strategies that will be most effective e.g. The Education Endowment Foundation.
- How to adapt high quality whole class teaching to meet the needs of all pupils, and especially those elgible for Pupil Premium funding.
- Ways to ensure children are clear of their next steps in their learning.
- Careful identification of the most suitable provision for these pupils .
- Awareness of how to enhance provision if the pupil also has special education needs or disabilities (SEN/D).
- The ongoing training of teaches and teaching assistants so that the needs of all pupils, especially those eligible for the Pupil Premium, are met.
Monitoring and Evaluation
We will ensure that:
- A wide range of data is used - achievement data, pupils' work, observatios, learning walks, case studies, and staff, parent and pupil voice.
- Assessment data is collected termly so that the impact of interventions can be monitored regularly.
- Teaching staff attend and contribute to pupil progress meetings each term and the identification of children and their needs is reviewed.
- Interventions are adapted or changed if they are not working.
- A designated member of the SLT maintains an overview of pupil premium spending.
- A governor is given the responsibility for pupil premium.
Invitiation to Parents
Parents who have pupils on FSM are welcome to discuss with the Headteacher any further support that might be able to be provided for their children. Parents who think they might qualify for FSM should contact the office staff for a confidential discussion or seek information from the website www.hertsdirect.org.